Okay ya’ll… My kid loves blueberries. Anything with blueberries he devours! They come with a hefty price tag though, especially organic. We have been buying about 90% of our produce organic. So when I see blueberries on sale, I stock up! We’ve had a container of blueberries in the fridge for a couple of days and besides eating them fresh, we love them in muffins!
Coconut flour is the main base in this recipe. Coconut flour does not perform the same as traditional grain-based flours. It has a high moisture level so a little goes a long way and more eggs are normally required.
Coconut flour has many health benefits… It is rich in protein, fiber and fat and is very filling. It is also gluten free ;)
Now for the muffins… I hope you enjoy!
- 1½ Cup Blueberries, Fresh Organic
- ½ Cup Honey, Organic local raw
- ½ Cup Coconut Flour, sifted
- ½ Cup Butter, Organic full fat OR coconut oil
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Sea Salt (I use pink Himalayan)
- 1 tsp Vanilla, Pure
- 6 Eggs
- Preheat over to 350 degrees and line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Do not burn, remove to bowl to cool, set aside.
- Once butter has cooled, whisk eggs, butter, vanilla and honey in medium bowl.
- Sift coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Add to wet mixture. *Coconut flour tends to clump, mix thoroughly until combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin liners about ¾ full.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 min, mine were done at 22 min.